(114) A frog in a well doesn't know the ocean. (216) And vice versa for a whale-sized frog adjusted peeper calls. (695) The Word "frog" in Example Sentences. These may be various transferred applications of the name of the animal, but the "frog" of a horse was also called "frush," probably a corruption of the French name fourchette, lit. This causes the frog to jump off the table. (394) This frog is the most athletic of all the frogs and has a broad background in physical endeavours. (610) 1. (484) Upon arriving at the bistro, guests can dine on appetizers such as frog legs, a fresh tomato and basil tart or grilled sea scallops. Many have the power of changing colour, a faculty which they share only with various frogs, toads and fishes. (250) 1. It includes about 200 species, distributed over the whole world 1 The word "frog" is in O.E. There was a frog that jumped in. (565) You play a bipedal frog businessman who, while working for a company named Cat & Frog Inc., must violently remove mysterious monsters from the companys teleporters. Someone likened his voice to the croaking of a bull-frog. (265) if you won't dissect a dead frog, then you will dissect a live one. (652) I've heard that people stand in bad situations because a relationship like that gets turned up by degrees. He was frog-marched through the kitchen and out into the yard. (621) The most famous is the electric eel, which a colleague of Markham's termed a frog with a cattle prod attached[sentence dictionary], but most animals use the electrical signals in more subtle ways. (112) We should anatomize this class frog. (178) Are there any species of frog indigenous to the area? C-R-O-A-K! Kermit the Frog is the only muppet to have a star. You can also find a good selection of shirts at Chasing the Frog, which currently has eleven tees, an authentic bowling shirt and a copy of the Dude's Japanese baseball jersey. (252) In the film a real frog is skinned alive while fish are mutilated. (550) Under a presupposition of that its frog wasn't worn, a simple formula for calculating the abrasion limitation of DZ(DSZ)plowshare was brought forward in the paper. ; Play for hours enjoy the history, struggle to control and lead a make believe society to . (619) Thus, the fate of a mayfly is primarily determined by the histrionics of neighboring frog, trout, alder, water spider, and the rest of stream life, each playing the environment for the other. Kids and grown-ups try to jump frogs into a pond, fish for letters, spin reels to build a shape and roll dice for virtual snacks. (348) Once upon a time there lived a young frog who often sat upon a very soft lily pad. I wanted to be alone. (628) After, we become a fish; after, we become a frog; after, we become a monkey; after, we become what we are today: a super-monkey, and the fun is, the super-monkey we are today, is at half of the story. (691) "frog" meaning in english, "frog" definitions. (289) 1Tadpoles of a new species of micro-frog swim in a Bornean pitcher plant. Newts will eat frog tadpoles, but take toad tadpoles less readily. (117) Your mummy is frog, she has a green back. - How to use "frog" in a sentence. A complex sentence with "frog" contains at least one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. When using the following poses for kids, come up with fun activities to do in between the actual yoga poses.For example, with Frog Pose, have the children seriously practice Frog Pose in order to '"become" a frog. In addition to frogs, Germany has few varieties of Amphibia. If he wasn't so obviously a puppet (well, really a muppet), one just might think that Kermit the Frog is one of the greatest philosophers of modern times. There are many different projects like sea otter, frog, elephant, polar bear, snake, fox and owl. Most do not require a lot of skill with origami and some do leap better than other frogs do. For many people, the tree frog represents a journey in life. (244) But the young princess would not listen to the frog's croaking. Frogs also hibernate from october for around 3-5 months. Whether youre a student or a lifelong learner, TranslateEN.com is just that: YOURS. - 10 examples of sentences "frog". Six-Bid Solo is similar in play to Crazy Solo and Frog with the exception that there are only six possible bids a player can make. i lost it. (142) (1) Both the toad and frog are amphibian. The turtle and frog also appear. 26. all her previous Make-believe dogs could do marvelous things. 2023 LoveToKnow Media. Make sure that your horses are always fully vaccinated against tetanus, an invariably fatal infection which can gain access through a damaged frog. (581) The menu features traditional standards, such as red beans and rice, jambalaya and crawfish, mixed in with more exotic choices, such as alligator, frog legs, and various etouffee. There are even tree frogs, the Puerto Rican mascot "Cocquis", to help you with your game. (373) Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: Few people are interested, and the frog dies. Arrow poison frogs pursue the most devoted of family lives high in the boughs. Origami frogs are fun to make, and the leaping origami frogs make a great group toy. Among the nature sounds available are those of relaxing birds and frogs, gentle rain and crickets, beach waves, rolling thunder, and healing falls. 'But, why?' he asked in make-believe astonishment. (516) I mean, if you've ever heard the eerie song of the humpback whale [whale song], you know that it don't sound like no spring peeper [frog sound]. (281) 1. (551) And here's where the frog really leaves Homo sapiens like us in the dust - or in this case, the mud - the frog is creating a kind of burial chamber for itself. (334) We think that's probably what got this frog, and humans are spreading this fungus. (387) Actors and audience alike start conversing with a dog or a frog or a snowman as if it were human. As a group of frogs was traveling through the woods, two of them fell into a deep pit. (541) New species include a camouflaged gecko, a fanged frog and a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder. (562) Other featured creatures include a fangless snake, a frog that chirps like a cricket, and a pitcher plant that traps insects and grows to a height of over seven metres. "Let us agree, we will be friends for all eternity.". thesaurus " Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them" "When they speak, dead frogs fall out of their mouths" David Hare "Amphibians, such as frogs and toads, can also carry salmonella" (571) He'd always bring a jar of the stuff in and we'd have lessons where we'd document the life of the frog by watching the frog spawn hatch and metamorphose from tadpoles to frogs. (568) Two weeks ago, we took the frog to the doctor's as she had been unable to shake off an infection and her production of slimy, yellow, globulous mucus had gone into overdrive. (75) (367-paXos, frog, pin, mouse, and j. (243) Seth is sent to Dolphins house to apologise for the frog prank. From the Cambridge English Corpus (263) One of the reasons, I think, is a sort of boiled frog phenomenon. Keeping a gardening journal will help you pinpoint which natural events, such as frog calls, the return of particular birds or the leafing out of trees will coincide with frost-free days in your region. White said, analyzing humor is like dissecting a, My 5 year old daughter liked it, but was very interested when she saw her brother's. (657) Another statue, The Sluggard, of equal merit, was exhibited in 1886; and a charming statuette of a nude figure of a girl looking over her shoulder at a frog, called Needless Alarms, was completed in the same year, and presented by the artist to Sir John Millais in acknowledgment of the gift by the latter of his picture, Shelling Peas. (654) Being with Chacko made Margaret Kochamma feel as though her soul had escaped from the narrow confines of her island country, into the vast extravagant spaces of his. Australian researchers have already repaired torn cartilage on the knees of 10 sheep with this natural glue, which frogs use to trap insects. (426) Then our patch: some of it is paved, there is a frog pond, a fig tree, acanthus , bamboo and cranesbill. I believe in frogs. Along the same vain has his very popular Frog and Toad series, Mouse Tales is engaging and genuinely funny. I think we're going to have this, That electricity from a Leyden jar or an electric machine would cause the legs of a dead, Your culture is your limit; if you cant go beyond it, you will remain as a, Students incised different sections of the, Then our patch: some of it is paved, there is a, We also give the computer simulation method of notochord development in the African, The Cricket Frog LRB Fejervarya LRB Rana RRB limnocharis RRB is a species of, If you were called to gallop like the horse, never end up hopping like the, 1We also give the computer simulation method of notochord development in the African, C-R-O-A-K! (341) And the frog Rana temporaria declined in the English countryside but thrived in towns. The adults prey on small animals such as frogs and will also enter water to catch tadpoles, newts and even small fish. (479) There are various peculiar species of frogs, lizards and snakes, including the great frog Rana Guppyi, from 2 to 3 lb in weight. Sentences are everywhere. The frog, preliminary and bird base are just a few commonly used bases in origami. 0 0 Draw the outline of a large frog shape on a long piece of parchment paper. (671) What Is "frog"? (322) There is an old pond. (592) So I kind of said,Oh, it's this extra ingredient, you know, that you need to create a new frog from the mom and dad frog. (166) For a frog an ocean is an exaggerated hypothesis. Bush could no more turn himself into a man of the people than he could turn Karl Rove into a frog. You can use a piece of paper of this size, but the weight of the index card allows the frog to jump better. The popularity of frog origami around the world may have its origins in the characteristics attributed to frogs in Japanese animal symbolism. It recognizes that many of its pans can be used to create multiple shapes and models, so one frog cake is baked using a butterfly pan, and one is made with a stand-up, 3D model of a teddy bear pan. eat the frog. For example in our biology students we tried to find out about enzyme activity in sheep's liver and will be dissecting a frog. (156) I found a tree frog on the wall in my bathroom. I am very happy. He certainly has some insightful words of wisdom to share. It is absurd to call the larva of a newt or of a Caecilian a tadpole, nor is the free-swimming embryo of a frog as it leaves the egg a tadpole. (210) Little cicada is busing to flute, little frog knocks drum. Just like a frog, I am intelligent, beautiful and interesting and that's because, and not despite, of my blemishes. And the exploration of space might be a waste of gasoline, frog after-taste pills, truth serum and re-location papers for suspicious bacteria. (460) The Indian Skipper frog or Skittering frog LRB Euphlyctis cyanophlyctis RRB is a common frog found in South Asia. (421) Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day. Let the medicine man or magician pray that the fever may pass into the frog, and the frog be forthwith released, and the cure will be effected. Frog is still played in Mexico and some southern areas of the United States. (200) This is a frog that tries to copulate with a goldfish. (332) Many species of frog hibernate in muddy silt deposits at the bottom of riverbeds. (557) Under a presupposition of that its frog wasn't worn, a simple formula for calculating the abrasion limitation of DZ(DSZ)35 plowshare was brought forward in the paper. We humans seem to be doing pretty much the same thing. By using special shaped pans designed to create bear or other animal shaped cakes, you can make very fancy frog cakes that look more realistic. (468) Description of a new Tree-frog of the genus Hyla, from British Guiana, carrying eggs on the back, op. But, by fainting in the middle of the ceremony, I'd once again met a fellow frog enthusiast. (480) This frog has long webbed toes and a skin flap between its limbs Flying Gecko 6.which allows it to parachute down from treetops. It appears almost every origami artist has created a slight variation on the traditional Japanese frog model. The arboreal life of the tropical forests has developed the treeclimbing habit among snakes as well as among frogs and toads, and also the habit of mimicry, their colour being in harmony with the foliage or bark of the trees which form their " hunting-grounds.". C. The object of the sentence. And somewhere up there would be the chance that a frog would turn into a prince, and similar magical things like that. The classic origami frog can be made from traditional Japanese washi paper, smooth origami paper, foil origami paper, translucent origami paper, and wrapping paper. (687) What is the best definition of "frog"? (488) Now and then the net is too quick, the lance pierces, the gun flicks and that frog is gone, but it is all fair and in the framework. It has to be seen when it jumps. 'but, why?' he asked in Make-believe astonishment. (270) The frog's eggs are surrounded by a coating of jelly-like mucus. (441) We also give the computer simulation method of notochord development in the African frog Xenopus Laevis. (668) "frog" - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage note. (198) The goliath frog is able to jump three meters or so. (224) Soon, it develops into a two-chambered heart, like a frog's. Animal games, duck heel-and-toe walking race, bunny hurdle race, frog hop, when games swift end, climb a snail, scold: It is marathon obviously, cheating me forcedly is 100-meter dash! Among the inoffensive species are counted the graceful green "tree snake," which pursues frogs, birds and lizards to the topmost branches of the forest; also several species of pythons, the commonest of which is known as the carpet snake. (336) A red - eyed tree frog will change its skin color to blend in with its surroundings. (335) It is widely believed among villagers that the frog is are incarnation of Lord Siva. Frogs; legs are always a hit, as well as the purple rice pudding for dessert. If you would like to display your frogs in a natural setting, create a pond with aluminum foil wrapped around a round or oval cardboard form. From a symbol of transformation to one of good luck, tree frogs can make excellent tattoo designs. (491) The tadpole of the North American bull-frog measures six inches, and that of the Chilian Calyptocephalus gayi seven and a half inches. and It is known that the male. Feeding frogs exclusively waxworms can lead to obesity. (234) The slogan crier saw the dog and frog jump and fro in the fog. (586) 1Methods:We used the character identification, the micro-distinction, the thin-layer chromatography and the turgidity experiments to identify oviductus ranae, frog oil and toad oil. - "frog" in a sentence. (674) English Sentences with Audio Using the Word "frog". (506) In 185German physiologist Hermann von Helmholtz attached wires to a frog's leg muscle so that when the muscle contracted it broke a circuit. Frogs and toads are both amphibians. (540) African bullfrogs are found throughout southern, central and eastern Africa and are second only in size to the almighty goliath frog from the Cameroon. (215) Someone likened his voice to the croaking of a bull - frog. Although there is much similarity between the Apoda of Africa and of South America, one genus being even common to both parts of the world, the frogs are extremely different, apart from the numerous representatives of the widely distributed genus Bufo. (92) The frog plopped back into the water. (164) Most toads do not have teeth amphibian, the frog. (292) A frog should have just a wee bit of a paunch, like the Baron de Charlus. (274) The food of cattle egret was mostly spider, locust, cricket and frog. Full Frog Origami; For those who wish to create an origami frog that has legs, this video on YouTube.com provides instructions on doing so. (464) No matter whether I'm facing a giant elephant or a tiny tree frog, my goal is to connect us with them, eye to eye. You can make the face of a frog or an entire frog's body by using round cakes. we're going to find ourselves a frog! (99) The kids made up a rhyme about a frog. (339) Smiley shouted, and at that moment the frog belched up a couple of ounces of whiskey. The leaping bronze frog perfectly set off this garden - it was a nice touch. Edible frogs, tree-frogs, lizards, snakes, tortoises and scorpions are found in all parts. In biology class we had to dissect a frog. Designs for these frogs range from very easy to very complex. An ad that has a boa, a gecko, and a frog in it cannot be posted in multiple sections. (256) I must apologize for this frog in my throat,a BBC newsreader said. (121) The witch turned the prince into a frog. (626) The woman chargelessd the frog, Men's Timberland Roll-Top Chestnut With Black Edge Boots, and the frog said, Thank you, but I bootless to acknowledgment that there was a action to your ambitiones. (458) There are four species of lizard and three snakes, none of which is venomous; a land tortoise, a turtle and a frog. Even if you cannot find a pan in the shape of a frog, you can always create a frog using normal pans all ready in your cupboard. Among the inoffensive species are counted the graceful green "tree snake," which pursues frogs, birds and lizards to the topmost branches of the forest; also several species of pythons, the commonest of which is known as the carpet snake. (597) So in planning to be a professional naturalist -- I never considered anything else in my entire life -- I found that I was lousy at bird watching and couldn't track frog calls either. Your little ecosystem will attract frogs and other insect-eaters to keep things balanced. Worksheet. The worm inhabits the lung of the frog and toad, and is hermaphrodite (Schneider) or parthenogenetic (Leuckart); the embryos hatched from the eggs find their way through the lungs into the alimentary canal and thence to the exterior; in a few days they develop into a sexual larva, called a Rhabditiform larva, in which the sexes are distinct; the eggs remain within the uterus, and the young when hatched break through its walls and live free in the perivisceral cavity of the mother, devouring the organs of the body until only the outer cuticle is left; this eventually breaks and sets free the young, which are without teeth, and have therefore lost the typical Rhabditis form. Its up against the crazy frog again! Before you start, try browsing through some designs of both regular cakes and frog cakes so you can decide what you like best. make-believe [ meyk-bi-leev ] SHOW IPA See synonyms for make-believe on Thesaurus.com noun pretense, especially of an innocent or playful kind; playacting; fantasy: the make-believe of children playing. I am very happy. "Frog in a little pond can be much happier than fish in a vast ocean!". From the Cambridge English Corpus The frogs were maintained in plastic tanks (23 cm x 16 cm x 11 cm) with water and food (mealworms) available ad libitum. (39) and kissed that little frog! Aim for greater heights always. (126) Maybe a little frog on my hip, or a gecko. (405) Homoptera This sub-order includes the cicads, lantern-flies, frog-hoppers, aphids and scale-insects. It's not a, The wicked fairy bewitched the prince and turned him into a, I do not want to hear the lurid details of your, The old woman cast a spell on the prince and he turned into a, The witch cast/put a spell on the prince and he turned into a, One of the reasons, I think, is a sort of boiled, The witch put a magic spell on the prince and turned him into a, The food of cattle egret was mostly spider, locust, cricket and, Peter: Tedhere are freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, The other species examined was the European common, Crickets sang in stereo and a distant croak of a, 2The other species examined was the European common, With a wave of her magic wand, she changed the, His handlers called him Kermit because he looks like the famous Muppet, 1. One is the Thylacine Project. (409) The North American Amphibian Monitoring Program is the country's largest frog - counting system. (483) Once the female hip-pocket frog, an Australian species also known as the marsupial frog, lays up to 20 white eggs, her work is done. (233) The frog and I took turns guessing what the secret recipe was. The witch put a magic spell on the prince and turned him into a frog. (232) Seth is sent to Dolphins house to apologise for the frog prank. These two independent clauses can be combined with a comma and a coordinating conjunction or with a semicolon. (501) The frog's brown and yellow coloring, as well as its rough texture , allow it to blend in with the mud and tree trunks in its environment. (572) De Fraga suspects the frog is endangered, and is further imperiled by plans to recover the derelict highway, which will likely lead to habitat destruction for several species. (227) He was frog-marched through the kitchen and out into the yard. (320) In a recent science lab, we observed the tadpoles metamorphosis into a frog. (655) The curious horned frog of the Solomon Islands, Ceratobatrachus guentheri, which can hardly be separated from the Ranidae, has teeth in the lower jaw in both sexes, whilst a few forms, such as Dendrobates and Cardioglossa, which on this account have been placed in a distinct family, have no teeth at all, as in toads. It's what I call a conspiracy of craziness." "There are as many ways to be creative as there are Muppets." "I believe creativity is an inherent part of everyone." Privacy Policy. (498) He is not,said Avery. (574) They live for some time in water or mud, occasionally entering the bodies of water snails, but undergo no change until they reach the lung of a frog, when the cycle begins anew. Voiced by: Ch (Japanese); Eric Vale (English, Funimation dub) Dance Master (, Dasonu Maso) is an impostor of Dance Man who claims that the dance man is an imposter of him, he is a popular singer who wears an afro, too.While his fame is derived entirely from the fact that the katakana for his name is easily confused with Dance Man's, and his act consists . The verb is the action the person or thing takes or the description of the person or thing. He made her feel as though the world belonged to them - as though it lay before thm like an opened frog on a dissecting table, begging to be examined. (440) I liked the name Frog Brigade because it lent itself to a lot of cool imagery with the whole frog thing. (601) Mother Goose!I have never much cared for flippant remarks, especially when others make them, and in particular, I don't give a frog's fundament for them when they come from an adult. Which means, when it comes to perception, we're all like this frog. gently asked the, 1How dreary to be somebody! (436) 1How dreary to be somebody! This means that the ants are forced to subsist entirely on a diet of frogs. It has to be seen when it jumps. (638) Natural,my ass! I could hear the splash. The, In 185German physiologist Hermann von Helmholtz attached wires to a, Watch out for the rare broad-tooth rat, northern corroboree, Other genera of the family are parasitic on Hemiptera - bugs and, The Daintree Rainforest contains 30 of the, It is absurd to call the larva of a newt or of a Caecilian a tadpole, nor is the free-swimming embryo of a, But then along comes a texture, timbre or pattern that is simply too, Let the medicine man or magician pray that the fever may pass into the, I mean, if you've ever heard the eerie song of the humpback whale [whale song], you know that it don't sound like no spring peeper [, A mathematical model of interaural-level-difference detection in auditory neurons in the, 1I mean, if you've ever heard the eerie song of the humpback whale [whale song], you know that it don't sound like no spring peeper [, Now appearing in the lobby of Stony Brook University Medical Center: a, The Italian name of calamita, which still persists, for the magnet, and which literally signifies a, In 1850 German physiologist Hermann von Helmholtz attached wires to a, The word also shows the familiar petname diminutive -ga also seen in, In very thin angle irons, in which the wastage in the heating is greater in proportion to the whole body of metal, the width of the, African bullfrogs are found throughout southern, central and eastern Africa and are second only in size to the almighty goliath, 2The results showed that black pigment of, Beside me, Philippe and Meg hold hands. (301) The frog is an amphibian, which means it can live on land and in water. (338) A red - eyed tree frog will change its skin color to blend in with its surroundings. (690) The Word "frog" in Example Sentences. Once you master this information, you'll know how to tell a frog from a toad. The jackal stands for Anup, the hawk for Har, the frog for Hekt, the baboon for Tahuti, and Ptah, Asiri, Hesi, Nebhat, Hat-hor, Neit, Khnum and Amun-hor are all written out phonetically, but never represented in pictures. And somewhere up there would be the chance that a, In the lower jaw of most of the Ecaudata the symphysial cartilages ossify separately from the dentary bones, forming the so-called mento-meckelian bones; but these symphysial bones, so distinct in the, If you had to explain to someone who was learning English what ", Maybe it seems like a simple question, but the meaning of the word ", English Sentences with Audio Using the Word ", Here are 100 fantastic examples of sentences and phrases with the word ". (537) This visual representation of a mathematical model shows the impact of asymmetrical chemical energy on the cell division of an African clawed frog embryo. English For example, there is French Chinese food, where they serve salt . (148) frankly i'm too scared to ask about the frog. (330) A red-eyed tree frog will change its skin color to blend in with its surroundings. Have the tree frog climbing over the branch toward the viewer for a realistic look, or perch the frog sideways moving up a limb and branch simultaneously. (385) Objective To evaluate the influence of Ditong nasitis drop on frog palate mucosa cilia movement. (350) The slogan crier saw the dog and frog jump to and fro in the fog. One is the Thylacine Project. (138) The witch turned her boyfriend into a frog.
Steve Savard Accident, Direct Numerical Simulation Advantages And Disadvantages, Articles M